Many call me a chicken enthusiast since it is my favorite food. After receiving my Instant Pot — which I’ll call InstaPot (isn’t that a much better name?), I decided to cook up some traditional buffalo wings. My favorite types of wings have breading, but I knew the pressure cooker would make the chicken very tender and I was right! These wings might have to compete at WingFest.
I prefer to marinate my chicken to give it extra flavor but anyone can certainly use this same mixture while the chicken wings are cooking under pressure. These wings are perfect for an appetizer, meal or Super Bowl Sunday!
- 1 pound of chicken wings
- 1/4 cup Moore’s Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/8 cup Stubb’s Original Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce
- 1/8 cup pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cajun season
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 red onion
- Create Marinade: Puree cilantro, garlic, red onion and combine with Moore’s Original Buffalo Wing Sauce, Stubb’s Original Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce, pickle juice, sea salt, cajun season, black pepper, chili powder, Frank’s Red Hot and seasoned salt.
- Marinate thawed chicken wings for at least 4 hours — better to leave overnight.
- Pour marinade and chicken wings into Instant Pot.
- Pre-heat over to 525 degrees and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spread foil with a tablespoon of buffalo sauce and bbq sauce.
- Set pressure cooker on high for 10 minutes.
- After pressure cooker is done, do a quick release.
- Broil wings at 525 degrees for 8 minutes and turn 1/2 way through.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese and add celery.
Disclosure: I received free products or have a paid relationship with brands mentioned in this post, but thoughts and opinions are of my own.