If you’re new to Instant Pot, hard-boiled eggs are an easy way to get familiar with the kitchen appliance.
First, let me explain the 5 5 5 method, which works perfectly.
- 5 minutes high pressure
- 5 minutes natural release (don’t switch the knob to release the pressure)
- 5 minutes in ice cold water
Matt’s Menu: Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs – Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- Instant Pot
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place 6 eggs in the Instant Pot.
- Use the 5-5-5 method to cook the eggs.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot naturally release (just wait 5 minutes after the eggs are cooked).
- Place the eggs in an ice cold bowl of water for 5 minutes.
- Crack, peel and place eggs back into the bowl of water to clean any potentially broken shell pieces.